[CoLoCo] ubuntu and science fairs

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Feb 4 17:58:39 GMT 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:52 AM, Paul Schwartz <pmjs1115 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Software in this context is intended for interaction with people. That said, establishing appropriate study groups that don't have built in biases is certain to make any "experiment" very difficult to design and analyze.
>
> Interesting idea, but very difficult in practice.

In addition, I think the idea of human subjects will be a problem.
I've taken my share of stats classes and I'm working on my
dissertation (in ed tech of all things) and we have to go through the
IRB process for even the most benign of experiments. I'm not sure the
stance of an elementary school but I'd bet they don't allow human
subjects.

-jim