[CoLoCo] ubuntu and science fairs

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Feb 4 17:32:31 GMT 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:21 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> How about usability testing between Ubuntu, Windows Vista, and
> Macintosh?  It brings in stats, but it could be difficult to find
> untainted test subjects.
>
> That's one idea, I'll try to think of others.
>
> I can help provide gear and whatever.

Thanks for the idea. That does sound like a good option but I'm not
sure how to actually pull it off. Obviously we need to find a subject
pool. Students at the school would be an option but they are all
familiar with win and have never seen lin so not exactly untainted.
Although between mac and ubuntu could be cool. However, anything using
human subjects could be sticky as there are ethical considerations.
Not that this is unethical in any way it's just that in general there
are guidelines to follow and the school may have a blanket policy
against human subjects.

> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 10:14 -0700, TJ Heaney wrote:
> > Why am I suddenly getting the mental image of Bunsen Honeydew and
> > Beaker at Muppet Labs?
> >
> > Or rather, besides me being twisted, why...?

Uh, you lost me here.

-jim