[CoLoCo] dvd backup help?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Sat Feb 2 18:53:53 GMT 2008

Hey all,

I'm trying to backup a DVD and it's not working. My standby k9copy
crashes when I try and a few other tools (dvd-duplicator, dvdbackup) I
tried also failed. It's a new movie so probably some sort of messed up
structure on the disc to prevent this. I haven't tried dvd::rip or
acidrip because I really don't get those. I thought maybe a command
line tool might do it but I don't know which one or how to use any of
them. I want to make a dvd backup and not just transcode to avi or
something on my HD.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

-jim