[CoLoCo] 8.10 Screen Resolution?

John Steinman john.steinman46 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:03:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

There use to be I believe a utility called "Screens and Graphics" that
you could use to set or change your monitor type and resolution. This
appears to have been retired at some point between 7.04 and the current
release. I just upgraded to 8.04.01 and the current "Screen Resolution"
does not have this feature. I have a SyncMaster 930B which under this
utility is limited to 1280X1024. I was able under the older utility to
select and use higher resolution setting. The current utility does have
a "Detect Display" which does not appear to work or detect my display.
This need to be fixed now that the other utility isn't available.

If we want to attract and support low end users we need "windows like"
utilities that allow the user to identify and select their hardware
without going through hoops and configuration files to set them up.

John Steinman