[CoLoCo] fixperm for ubuntu?

Tue Aug 26 18:26:38 BST 2008

What does fixperm do?  I know what I do when I want to fix perms on a tree, but I'm not
sure if it's all that fixperm does.

This is what I do:
chown --recursive owner.group tree
find tree -xtype d -exec chmod 2770 {} \;
find tree -xtype f -exec chmod 0660 {} \;

That assumes that the system implements the user-private-group scheme, like Fedora and
Ubuntu do.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 06:56:25 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey LePage wrote