[CoLoCo] Solved Many Problems Fear New Ones in the Future

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Mon Aug 18 17:46:18 BST 2008

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I did find the answer finally....

Programs that you want to start anytime a KDE session is started, regardless of user needs to be placed in: /usr/share/autostart

Programs that you want to start only for a particular logged in user need to be placed in: ~/.kde/share/autostart

I wish this were standardized across all the DEs.  I also wish they could extend it to encompass groups (start a bill minder if you are part of the accountspayable group).  Neither desktop environment does a decent job on this in my opinion.

Kevin Fries