[CoLoCo] New Name

Thu Apr 17 14:33:51 BST 2008

To me, the acronym seems fitting (see definition below), and the fact that we have not
used it out loud is amusing.  However, I don't want to start calling the organization
"cult" rather than "coloco" in conversation with others, though.  "colorado ubuntu
local/linux team" is a bit of a mouthful.  Hm...  I'm in favor of the change, I'll work
it out.

Cult
Cult Cult (k[u^]lt) n. [F. culte, L. cultus care, culture, fr.
 colere to cultivate. Cf. Cultus.]
 1. Attentive care; homage; worship.
 [1913 Webster]

 Every one is convinced of the reality of a better
 self, and of the cult or homage which is due to it.
 --Shaftesbury.
 [1913 Webster]

 2. A system of religious belief and worship.
 [1913 Webster]

 That which was the religion of Moses is the
 ceremonial or cult of the religion of Christ.
 --Coleridge.
 [1913 Webster]

 3. A system of intense religious veneration of a particular
 person, idea, or object, especially one considered
 spurious or irrational by traditional religious bodies;
 as, the Moonie cult.
 [PJC]

 4. The group of individuals who adhere to a cult (senses 2 or
 3).
 [PJC]

 5. A strong devotion or interest in a particular person, idea
 or thing without religious associations, or the people
 holding such an interest; as, the cult of James Dean; the
 cult of personality in totalitarian societies.
 [PJC]

	-- From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48