[CoLoCo] Live by the EULA Die by the EULA

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Mon Apr 7 14:27:11 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 13:00 -0600, Richard Guenther wrote:

> Anyone ever try Yellow Dog Linux out?  I will soon, but only on old
> iMacs.

Its basically RedHat Linux for the PowerPC.  So if you have ever dealt
with a RedHat/Fedora system, you should feel right at home.

I used to work for a company that was almost 100% Solaris in the back
office, and Windows on the desktop.  We had a few iMac computers sitting
around, so we installed YDL to see if it was easier to manage the
servers.  It was.  We just fired it up, and felt like we had any normal
Linux box.

Now that Fedora comes with Yum, TDL is even more like Fedora, after all
YUM = Yellowdog Updater Modified.

--
Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer