[CoLoCo] Ubuntu Live-CD distribution.

Andrew keen101 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 02:11:08 BST 2008

Just thought I'd let anyone interested that I helped distribute two
Live-CD's today.

Not to anyone specifically, though. I left them in a new HP computer
running Windows Vista, at the local Loveland Sam's Club. I restarted
the computer and it booted right into 64 bit Gutsy fine.

I left one 64bit version (in PC), and another 32bit version next to
the keyboard. They were both professionally looking pressed CD's too.

It looked really nice. I put some extra shortcuts on the desktop to
Firefox, yelp, Open Office, and the Gimp. I even added a main menu
item to the bottom panel, where most users find the Windows start
menu. I think it really looked sharp next to all the vista machines.
Hopefully this will be the norm in years to come. Hopefully it will
peak someones interest, and maybe even let them know that there are
more options out there.

Hopefully someone will see it, and like it before the Sam's employees
find it and take it out. :)

I think it would be really funny if it helped their sales. :-)