[CoLoCo] Live by the EULA Die by the EULA

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Apr 4 17:54:18 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Andrew <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about Microsoft having restrictions over putting in MOD chips in
> Xbox's? It seems weird to me that they can make it illegal to modify
> the hardware you own. It's yours isn't it? Seems very strange that you
> cannot modify hardware that you own.

Ianal, but aren't there some examples when you are NOT allowed to modify
things even when you own them. Perhaps most deal with making it do something
illegal. For example, you can't modify and a radio, CD or other device to do
more than it's designed for (at least to a point) probably because you are
infringing on the licensed air waves or something. Doesn't apple claim you
can't modify the iphone - even though people do? Again, ianal but seems I've
heard things like this. How that affects ms I don't know.
--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----