[CoLoCo] FC meeting outcomes, ideas, etc...

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Tue Apr 1 16:34:47 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:07 AM, siblog <tehsiblog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Kevin thank you very much for introducing Dan and I, it looks like he
> is interested in helping sponsor the event.....which leads me into my next
> question - I have never put sponsorship together for an event. Dan is asking
> what he can help with and frankly I really don't know, lol. What would be
> some things that we would need help with? Flyers? Advertising? Decoration?
> Food? Drinks? Gifts for raffle? And what exactly do we offer in return?

I'm not entirely sure either but I think we need lots of advertising in
various forms. I think sponsors could also help to cover any room booking
fees, provide some snacks, or door prises. Also, having a corporate name
associated helps with adding legitimacy to the event so sometimes just
having them say we can use their name helps. Trips to Las Vegas are also
nice :)

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----