[CoLoCo] FC meeting outcomes, ideas, etc...

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 05:20:33 BST 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org>
To: Ubuntu Colorado Local Community Team <ubuntu-us-co at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:01:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CoLoCo] FC meeting outcomes, ideas, etc...

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:38 PM, siblog <tehsiblog at gmail.com> wrote:
Ya that would be great if we could get someone like HP to sponsor the event, maybe even pay for food and drinks! Haha. Hopefully we will hear back from System76 since they advertise promoting Ubuntu release parties on their site. I also contacted a few other places so we will see what comes out of it.

Heard great stuff about that Fighting Penguin company, I guess we will see ;-)

Also I did talk to Jim over at SoftPro books down in the DTC area and he said he would be willing to generously throw us a $20 gift certificate for the event. Figure we could give it away in some sort of raffle, contest or something at the event.

That's cool. I wonder if we can get a few more freebies like that. Maybe everyone should hit up their local geek shop. It would be nice if we had something official to show we are legit and give them a tax write-off but I guess we aren't a true non-profit.

Businesses get to write off their expenses anyway. It's just like any other cost. :-)

Paul