[CoLoCo] SHIRTS - good news & bad news

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Sep 26 19:47:49 BST 2007

Where do I contribute it to? We don't have a budget, account or
anything. I've been thinking we do need this and there has been some
"official" traffic around this topic but I don't think anything has
come of it. I could take the $40 or $50 and use it for marketing. I
actually have a thought that I'd like to present. I'll send something
more official (and with the right subject later) but I was thinking it
would be interesting to set up weekly drawings at area coffee shops
and such. We could offer free CDs and a chance to win a $5 gift card.
On the entry form people indicated how interested they would be in
having local "training" or install sessions. That would give us a list
of names and an idea of how such events would go over in our
neighborhoods. We could also offer a grand prize of some sort. Perhaps
a network and security overhaul and setup. Maybe we can get someone to
donate new wifi equipment and the winner would get an expert set up.
We do have some experts around, right?

Anyway, that's my thought.

Jim