[CoLoCo] New Member in Longmont

NICK VERBECK nerdynick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:34:54 BST 2007

Nice to meet you Richard. I'm Nick (NerdyNick). I would like to
welcome you to the group.

Just to help you get a little more familiar with what we do and how we
get together.We primarily talk to each other over  IRC
(irc.freenode.net - #ubuntu-colorado) and/or this Mailing List
(ubuntu-us-co at lists.ubuntu.com) . Of course being the Website Builder
I got to pimp that (http://coloco.ubuntu-rocks.org). We also do
maintain a set of Wiki pages at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColoradoTeam/.

There is also a mound of other information both on the Website and the
Wiki about events we have done, events coming up, and other ways to
communicate with the group.

So again welcome and hope you enjoy our little slice of Ubuntu heaven.

Keen101:
Learn Python. Being a scripting language it is a little easier to pick
up and understand. Once you get a grasp of Python and an understanding
of Object Oriented Programming. I would then suggest moving up to
C/C++. And if your really into wanting to help with the website. You
can learn PHP and how to use MySQL.