[CoLoCo] I'm confused about how the disk works

Kenneth D. Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Sat Oct 27 03:15:51 BST 2007

OK, so I was confused - somehow the use of UUIDs had escaped my
attention - what was commented out was the partition, which was just
used as documentation. Here, for example, is the swap info from fstab:

# /dev/sda5
UUID=050c15b9-eb30-4db9-a65c-3ed07b559efb none            swap    sw
0       0

However, when booting up I still don't have any swap enabled. Executing
swapon /dev/sda5 enables without any issues, so I'm not sure why it
doesn't autostart.

--
Ken Weinert
http://quarter-flash.com