[CoLoCo] I'm confused about how the disk works

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Oct 26 05:36:34 BST 2007

Not sure about the swap stuff, but look for trackerd in "top" and see
if that is causing all the IO. That is the issue I have. It's the new
search tool. Well, it's the indexer for the new search tool. From what
I've read it is busy after install until all files are indexed. After
that it only indexes the new stuff. In theory, it should be a lot
quieter after that so maybe just plug it in and let it finish. May or
may not be your issue.

Jim