[CoLoCo] Ubuntu causing problems with hard drives

Jon Snow jon.d.snow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 01:43:05 BST 2007

Interesting information to read is located at :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitoring,_Analysis,_and_Reporting_Technology#Attributes

and one reference is:

http://209.85.163.132/papers/disk_failures.pdf

Of note is the fact that the key factors of failure have nothing to do with parking or loading.
ather you will find there are much more critical factors. As a 13+ year veteran of IS support in
high use situations I can vouch personally that the park and load counts are not much more that statistics.

P.S. Hi there I have been silently watching the list for a while just haven't had much to say.