[CoLoCo] Updating to Gutsy

Kenneth D. Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Sat Oct 20 23:06:26 BST 2007

Well, I couldn't do it last night at the party, 6 hours seemed a bit too
long to wait for downloads and I had the wrong CD to use it as a local

I did the upgrade today, though (on my laptop) and it went very cleanly.
The one difference I have noticed is that the panel (gnome-panel) no
longer shows icons in the "Desks" that are not active. I've not seen
where to change that yet (if it's changeable), but it's pretty minor
(although annoying.)

Also, thanks to Mitch and his family for opening their home to us last

Ken Weinert