[CoLoCo] Beryl

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 01:52:53 BST 2007

As everyone here knows I'm a newcomer to Linux.  I am still deciding on
a permanent Linux install for my machine.  I'm waiting for Gutsy Gibbon
to come out first before making a decision.  I found a DVD-R I had made
some time ago before my PC died and I had to rebuild it.  It has a copy
of Sabayon Linux on it.

I booted up the LiveCD and it took longer than Ubuntu usually does but
when it came to the desktop I was able to activate A/XGL and X.org
loaded up the KDE desktop and Beryl.  I've seen Youtube video of Beryl
in action on various desktops but to see it running on my system and
running SMOOTHLY impressed me.  I compared it to desktops running
Vista's DirectX accelerated AeroGlass desktop and it paled in
comparison.  I'm going to keep this LiveCD around to show to others what
a Linux desktop can do.  Does Ubuntu have an option for Beryl or can you
download and install it on Ubuntu with relative ease?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home