[CoLoCo] new t-shirt / help idea

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Oct 12 04:58:53 BST 2007

I like top posting and don't care about the gunk below because gmail
hides it for me. But I'll try to be nice to the less fortunate out
there.

I like the idea of the freeyourcomputer site. Maybe there is something
similar so we should check around. If not, I think we should build
this (using all the good feedback so far) and then hand out subdomains
to all the other loco teams. This could be a huge contribution to
ubuntu from coloco. Much of the content would be the same for any loco
so that's the main site, the subdomains allow people in those areas to
find out about their local support options. After the TIE conference
we talked about doing local support and it caught the attention of
Canonical staff. They (well one guy) suggested other locos would want
to emulate our idea. Well, that one is kind of floundering so this
idea could be the start. I don't think our team site is friendly
enough to noobs so something like what's being discussed seems
perfect.

Jim

PS. everyone start dropping your $.02 into a jar to help pay for this...