[CoLoCo] Interesting

phillip tribble phillip.tribble at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:53:47 BST 2007

The following quote came from:

I thought it was interesting. A end user installed Ubuntu on his wifes
laptop and she did not like it. Has this happened to anyone?

"Still, ease of use, the choice to fall back to a more easy OS to use was XP
and not Linux.

I installed Ubuntu on my wife's machine this last week, removing XP. Wrong
move. The only thing she really uses is the browser and Office. So, I bit
the bullet, installed Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice. She's used to FF. No
problem there. Ubuntu, she didn't like the interface and found out that her
movie making brother (a world class photog) would send her his latest shows
in a format that I have yet to find a Linux solution for. And, OpenOffice?
Forgetaboutit.

You want peace or piece in the bedroom, don't switch your wife's OS."

(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/11/1727205 )