[CoLoCo] Automatrix

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Oct 8 18:07:51 BST 2007

There was an article a while back written by one of the Ubuntu devs
and he basically said that while Automatix was a great effort, the
authors never took the time to work with the Devs to get a stable and
secure program. He basically recommended not using it until such time
as the problems were fixed. I'll try and find the link but not sure
how I found it to begin with (probably a link of planet).

In any case, you don't need it anymore. They keep adding new apps but
I think just about all of them can now be added the "proper" way -
i.e. with synaptic. The only caveat is the "legally ambiguous" libs
which are available from medibuntu.

Not to toot my own horn but I did a little how to on this. There are
also links to the official how to sites.

http://nococomp.com/?p=18

Jim