[CoLoCo] new t-shirt / help idea

Alex Comer alex at platinumcode.com
Sun Oct 7 00:45:28 BST 2007

Umm, maybe I'm off the mark here, but, was the point that Collins Richey was
making:

1. LTS (hence "free support") is not really included with Gutsy, but that
you'd really want to promote Gutsy cause its better than 6.06LTS

or was it really that

2. memorex cds marked with sharpie seem too amateur and he'd rather
distribute officially printed cds since they are more professional visually

I agree that such a shirt would be great to wear once the next LTS release
is out. I'd hate to have to answer someone that yeah there is free support
for an old version you don't want as well as for a version that doesn't yet
exist.

Alex

On 10/6/07, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our shipment of pressed gutsy CDs is on the way.
>
> : )
>
> -David
>
> On 10/6/07, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > On 10/6/07, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org > wrote:
> > > Wearing my new CoLoCo Rocks shirt today, I had an idea. What if we had
> > > shirts with our team logo (maybe the new one) on the front and a
> > > message on the back?
> > >
> > > "Free Computer Support. Ask me how"
> > > "www.ubuntu-rocks.org"
> > >
> > > When someone asks we say we help people break the windows cycle. It's
> > > the first step to saving money and freeing yourself from being locked
> > > in to expensive software and never-ending malware issues.
> > >
> > > As we wonder around our local haunts we might be able to generate a
> > > bit of interest. Keep live CDs on hand too when wearing your shirt.
> > >

> > Excellent idea. My only thought is: is it possible to get official
> > Ubuntu CDs with Gutsy, for example? I shudder at the thought of giving
> > out LTS CDs, especially to those who have laptops.
> >

> > --
> > Collins Richey
> >      If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
> >      of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
> >
> > --

> http://www.funnylookinhat.com
> AIM: FunnyLookinHat
> ICQ: 40145621