[CoLoCo] Home music setup

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 07:37:46 BST 2007

On 10/5/07, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> ouch, $299?
> For that price I'd suggest buying a used small form-factor PC and just
> running it out in the living room.  : )
>
> -David

I'm switching to Linux, specifically Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, for use as my
regular OS for watching movies, listening to music, browsing the web
and reading emails.  I have a great video player called KMPlayer which
doesn't require codecs because it has them all built in similar to
Mplayer and VLC.  I'm wondering if KMPlayer is also available for
Linux.  Sadly, I gotta keep Windows around because Final Fantasy XI
Online (an MMORPG) won't work in Wine, Crossover Linux, or Cedega.

I used to know the URL to a place that sold refurbished computers for
dirt cheap without an OS installed.  Almost any small or ultra-small
form factor PC these days is going to cost you a lot because they're
becoming trendy due to the Mac Mini and their small size makes them
good for adding to a home theater setup.  Last one I saw was going for
$500 and it was almost identical to the Mac Mini's design except for
the power button on the front and the CD eject button.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home