[CoLoCo] Fwd: [ifsa] Major GNU Linux donor is number 2 in a CNN "hero" contest

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:38:46 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 1, 2007 5:12 PM
Subject: [ifsa] Major GNU Linux donor is number 2 in a CNN "hero" contest
To: Independent Free Software Global Activist
<independentfreesoftwareactivists at binaryfreedom.info>

hi

CNN is running a contest to see who the most popular hero of our day.
Number one currently is a guy who is working to prevent the extinction
of gorillas, certainly a laudable goal.  But number two is a guy who
has given away more than 16,000 Ubuntu boxes to schools, non-profits,
and poor people here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  He has given 30
boxes and switches and cable to our local public middle school.

Now we have a chance to support him by voting in a CNN contest to
determine who is the most favorite hero.  Saving Gorillas is awesome,
but IMHO, giving away 16k GNU Linux boxes to people who really need
them is even better.  Please consider digging this story below, and
then voting for James on the CNN site.  Thanks either way!

 http://digg.com/linux_unix/Man_is_Dugg_4_donating_16_000_Linux_boxes_now_is_no_2_in_CNN_hero_contest

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/cnn.heroes/

BTW, I do not work for either James or for CNN.

Thanks either way for considering my request!

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point