[CoLoCo] Programing language for simple Open Office program

NICK VERBECK nerdynick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:35:10 GMT 2007

You will want to use Python as your language. Also to make sure with
will work cross platform you will want to make sure you use all the
correct cross platform functions in Python. i.e. No hard coding.

The second thing you will need to look into is Python
bindings/wrappers for creating OOCalc files. They will probable be
called something like python-openoffice or something along those
lines.

That start will build you an application to run on a computer. If you
have a web server at your disposal. You can create a web front end in
HTML/Javascript/(Python or PHP). That hits a set of scripts on the web
server that will take the data entered and create the OOCalc file. You
will probable want to do these scripts in python just like you would
above. Just no GUI front end.