[CoLoCo] local transfer speeds very slow

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Nov 23 23:36:52 GMT 2007

On 11/23/07, Chomafin <chomafin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you thought of trying any of the hacked firmwares such as : DDWRT or
> Tomato?  If I understand you correctly, it would appear that there is an
> issue with the Linksys router, which is why I'd suggest looking into
> alternative firmwares.  What does your normal routing look like?
> Laptop <- Wifi Linksys <-> Dlink <-> Internet/Desktop? Is the DSL router on
> dlink along w/ the Desktop?

No, I haven't tried DDWRT or anything. I've thought about it but
worried about bricking the router. I'm willing to concede that the
router may be dying but I'd like to try and see if anything is
specifically wrong. I've attached a drawing of the network. The first
router is the Linksys (IP 192.168.0.2) and the other is the dlink.

Thanks,
Jim