[CoLoCo] Can anyone help refute this?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Nov 22 05:23:47 GMT 2007

On 11/21/07, Ringo Kamens <2600denver at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want to clarify on this one. Is he saying that nobody would
> program software for free unless the software required on a service
> that made the developer money?
> Comrade Ringo Kamens

His claim is that if you base your business model on providing support
then you have little motivation to make good software because no one
would need support if it was truly good. It's a stupid claim and one
I've heard before. If you made bad software you wouldn't get any
business either (wait, is that true? Isn't that how MS works?).

Jim