[CoLoCo] local transfer speeds very slow

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Nov 22 04:46:05 GMT 2007

Anyone have any idea what I should be able to expect in the way of
local transfer speeds? I have copied files before from one computer to
another over wifi and hit 1500 kbps or better. Right now I'm copying a
file using essentially ssh with nautilus (same as I did before) over
wired lan and my speeds are less than 100 kbps. I do have two routers
now (i.e. desktop connects to dlink, dlink connects to linksys,
linksys connects to laptop via wire) but should that slow things down
that much?

Thanks,
Jim