[CoLoCo] Linux Hitting the Mainstream

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:38:34 GMT 2007

David L. Willson wrote:
> My girlfriend and her kids have Ubuntu, because my Ubuntu-running laptop
> is so damn sexy.  They love it.  The kids are a little geeky, but my
> girlfriend is most definitely not.  Yes, she likes it.  Took her about
> four seconds to setup Pidgin, and for the first time ever, we could swap
> files.  No, that's not a euphemism; get your mind out.  :-)
I like Pidgin, its the first multi-network IM client that actually works
right for me.
I'd get my mom to use Ubuntu but she lives hundreds of miles away in
Michigan and I'm in Washington, D.C.  She's got an old Dell system and
uses dial up.  They don't have DSL or cable Internet where she's at yet
... which is way out in the boonies of Ioosco County in the northern
half of Lower Michigan.  My roommate is rigidly set in his ways the
getting him to use Ubuntu would be like getting Bush to agree to letting
the troops come home.  Another friend of mine played around with Ubuntu,
he likes it, but he's a Mac user so he's already dumped windows long ago.

Swapping files.  LOL  I've heard that one before.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home