[CoLoCo] laptop cd burner

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:03:48 GMT 2007

I had a similar problem with a DVD burner and found it was the media.  Has
he purchased new blank media lately?

Another thing to check would be, boot into XP and see if it'll burn from
there.

John Edwards

On Nov 21, 2007 9:54 AM, Andrew <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My friend Brandon Maston has a dell laptop with dual boot Winxp and Ubuntu
> and awile back he was burning a cd in ubuntu, and it stopped working. For
> awile we both thought the whole drive died, but it seems just the burner
> does not recognize blank CD's anymore. Apparently it can still read CD's
> with data. Anyone think it sounds strange, or did it just fail. I thought it
> was weird, and am hoping there is a way to fix it. Oh, and the symptoms are
> the same in both Operating Systems.

Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.
Charlie Stross.