[CoLoCo] Next IRC Meeting

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Nov 13 21:54:05 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 02:20:45PM -0700, Kevin Fries wrote:
> But wasn't there supposed to be a real meeting Saturday night at the
> Panerra (sp?) Bread in Longmont?
>
> Is that still on?  If so, is there a purpose for the IRC meeting that
> the Longmont meeting does not address?

We cover all of Colorado, and the only way that far-away folks are
likely to participate regularly is via IRC.  And that goes for some
folks that just prefer IRC etc.

Of course in-person meetings also appeal to some more than IRC -
different strokes....  I can't make the next Longmont meeting since I
have a conflict.  There are also lots of other LUGs and related groups
that meet in person for presentations etc, so we generally have good
options that way.

But generally, the Ubuntu community recommends that decision-making
meetings (to the extent that they are necessary) happen in IRC so all
can particpate.

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/