[CoLoCo] creating menu items in gnome/ubuntu

Tue Nov 13 17:39:00 GMT 2007

No, but here's what I've learned.

Shared launcher definitions are in /usr/share/applications.

Some application named "smeg" allows editing the gnome menus.  Not installed by default.

gmenu-simple-editor should be called gmenu-retarded-launcher-hider.  Installed by
default.  Nearly useless.  Gnome-devs, there ~is~ such a thing as too simple.  Please
stop taking away the "advanced" buttons.

I still don't know what produces the tree and leaf layout.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:20:00 -0700, Alex Comer wrote