[CoLoCo] Ubuntu Screensavers

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 02:54:28 GMT 2007

Hello;

I'm looking for a way to eliminate *some* of the screensavers in Gnome.  I
currently have it set to pick randomly from the list, but there are a few
that do not work well on my laptop.  It simply doesn't have the graphical
power to run them (which also means, no cool desktop effects, but I'm fine
with that).  When they start up, the will bog down my system to the point
where music can't even play clean.

Is there a way to keep certain ones from being used, or simply a way to
eliminate certain ones (once I figure out which ones are too intense).  I've
checked in Synaptic, and it appears that what is installed are grouped
within a few packages.  I'd rather not take them all out, because I like the
variety.  I just want to stop certain ones from executing.  I'm kind of
hoping it's just a config file that needs editing.

John Edwards
--
Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.