[CoLoCo] wifi ubuntu

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 8 16:48:14 GMT 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 10:31 AM, Alex Comer <alex at platinumcode.com> wrote:
> I got Ubuntu Gibbon installed on a dual boot scenario on a Lenovo 3000 N100
> laptop which apparently has a broadcom adapter. I does not see my wifi
> network. I'm not really sure how to get it working. I do not see a list of
> access points. I tried putting in the SSID but that didn't help. I noticed
> that the wireless radio light is not lit. Any ideas? Direction?
>
> Many thanks
> Alex Comer

I've done a lot of fighting with wireless cards and my previous card
was a broadcom.  These steps might help.  (by the way, I'm not in CO,
I'm your neighbor to the West in UT.  Hope that is acceptable.)

Try to install the "bcm43xx-fwcutter" package (or check your System >
Admin > Restricted Drivers).
Post installation look for the bcm43xx-fwcutter.sh script (in
/usr/share/doc/ someplace iirc).

Depending on the model card you have it should work.. but we can keep
trying other options if it does not.

Christer
Utah Team Contact
Co-Founder, US Teams Project