[CoLoCo] Inconsistencies

Kenneth D. Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Thu Nov 8 00:28:09 GMT 2007

That's what's driving me nuts at the moment. I have 3 installs of
Ubuntu, all the latest version and they're all up to date.

Let's call them L, A, and B, shall we?

On L and A, the Gimp works fine. B always hangs when trying to
instantiate the xsane plugin.

One L and B I can directly run mono programs. On A I have to use the
'mono' command to run them.

On L and A I have indications in the Workspace Switcher what's running
in which desktop (the icon shows). On B they're always blank, except the
current one and something that needs attention (for example, if I click
on a link in an email, the switcher window with firefox in it will show
the firefox icon. Once I go to that desktop and leave, the icon once
again disappears.

A was a fresh install - a conversion from Gentoo (the last holdout :), L
and B were upgrades from Feisty.

It's just odd. I suppose it *might* have something to do with hardware,
but that doesn't really seem to likely to me.

--
Ken Weinert
http://quarter-flash.com