[CoLoCo] Hardy Heron

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:13:36 GMT 2007

That WOULD be awesome...  but it's more of a Gnome issue than Ubuntu.  For
example, I wanted to change my system application panel font color and type
in Gnome and rather than having a GUI to do it, I had to create some random
files and place them in my home directory...  not cool.

See this screenshot:
http://funnylookinhat.com/ss_10_26_07.png

I needed to create this file:
.gtkrc-2.0

Which had the following:

style "my_color"
{
fg[NORMAL] = "#FFA400"
font_name = "Arial Bold"
}
widget "*anel*" style "my_color"

And still add a line to yet another file.  It's been on the bug/feature
request list for a while now for Gnome.  : (

-David

On 11/5/07, Jimmy Bartlett <jimmyb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to see a version of Ubuntu that allows you to change
> the colors of the system as a whole, not just bit by bit. I like green
> color schemes - they are very visually appealing and tranquil. But every
> doggone time I install Ubuntu, I have to hunt through seemingly
> countless system settings to change the colors of things. I still can't
> get the color of the background behind the Ubuntu splash screen at login
> time to be any other color than fleshy pink-brown. It's really ugly
> behind my custom green splash image. If there was a single drop-down
> somewhere that could change every color in the system, all the way from
> Metacity's window theme down to that background color, I would be a
> happy little penguinhead.
> ~x64Jimbo
>
> John Edwards wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I don't care much for the default brown, but none of the
> > themes that come with the distro strike my fancy much either.  One of
> > the things on my mental "to-do" list is to find a decent theme and
> > download it for my laptop...
> >

> > John Edwards
> >
> > On Nov 3, 2007 6:22 PM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com
> > <mailto:crichey at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Although I really prefer blues (kubuntu, for example), the
> developers
> >     at sidux have come up with a really pleasing light brown (tan and
> >     lighter shades, with occasional darker splashes) that is quite
> >     unobtrusive. Of course, the only time you get the full effect is
> >     on an
> >     empty desktop.
> >
> >     Alas, it's not glossy. The distro name is embellished in a sort of
> >     3D effect.
> >
> >     --
> >     Collins Richey
> >         If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
> >         of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
> >

> > --
> > Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should
> > be: Your Fans Are Not The Enemy.
> > Charlie Stross.

http://www.funnylookinhat.com
AIM: FunnyLookinHat