[CoLoCo] Hardy Heron

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:22:18 GMT 2007

On 11/3/07, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org> wrote:
> On 11/3/07, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/3/07, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm not sure about you guys...  but the FIRST thing people ask me to do when
> > > I install Ubuntu on their machines is to change the colors (theme) because
> > > they're just "God awful".
>
> I agree. But I want a brown there isn't "god awful". I really don't
> want anything that smacks of the "other" OSs. I want a kick ass
> "human" theme. Glossy, transparent, 3d feel. Something that even a die
> hard windows fan can look at and say "wow, I would have never thought
> a brown desktop could look cool but that one does."

Although I really prefer blues (kubuntu, for example), the developers
at sidux have come up with a really pleasing light brown (tan and
lighter shades, with occasional darker splashes) that is quite
unobtrusive. Of course, the only time you get the full effect is on an
empty desktop.

Alas, it's not glossy. The distro name is embellished in a sort of 3D effect.

--
Collins Richey