[CoLoCo] Walmart Selling Ubuntu PC's

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 01:26:46 GMT 2007

Well, I'm about to wipe my old machine, getting prepared to test out windows
home server (the disk should arrive next week) so I could probably give it a
shot and see what it's like.  Gotta wait until I get home though, since I
cannot download the torrent from work...

John Edwards

On Nov 2, 2007 7:15 PM, Dave Vanderploeg <dave.vanderploeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like their site has put up a torrent for gOS. The page says that the
> downlaod will not play MP3 / DVD by default, but the purchased systems do.
> Who wants to gice it a go?
>
> http://www.thinkgos.com/downloads.html
>
> On Nov 2, 2007 11:53 AM, Andrew <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can chip in probably $20. Maybe $30.   Sorry, I really don't have more
> > than that at the moment. I'm a typical teenager strapped for cash.
> >

> > as for the "Typical conversation:
> >
> > Them: I'm having a problem with my computer.
> > Me: Which operating system are you running?
> > Them: It's a Dell."
> >
> > >I've certainly been there before. :)
> >
> > --

Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.
Charlie Stross.