[CoLoCo] Ubuntu is NOT causing aggressive power management

Andrew keen101 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 01:09:19 GMT 2007

There is a project called Linux BIOS, I don't know a lot about it right
now but this might be a solution for companies selling systems with
Linux and/or Ubuntu specifically preinstalled.

Yes, this sounds like an interesting project. I update BIOS's as often as I
can. But that's me. :)

I would love to have an option for an open source BIOS.

System 76 is hoping to get Linux or Open BIOS in the future. But for that I
think they need certain specs on the manufactures hardware, which is
currently not provided. Although I have heard AMD is fairly open about it,
and that Intel may start joining in as well.