[CoLoCo] Home network setup

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Nov 2 23:13:11 GMT 2007

If your router supports IP reservations you can leave dhcp on but make
sure the router always gives a certain mac address the same IP. It's
like have a static IP without the hassle. D-link routers seem to
support this. I don't think Linksys do - at least not mine. Newer ones
might. Devices on your network (printers, network shares) need a
static (or reserved) IP so they can be found.

Jim