[CoLoCo] My USB appears to have gone south

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:52:26 GMT 2007

My first question would be to ask if you can plug in any other USB device.
Flash drive, or USB hard drive.

This will at least tell you if it is truly the USB functionality, or just
the drivers for your camera.

John Edwards

On Nov 1, 2007 1:29 PM, Kenneth D Weinert <kenw at quarter-flash.com> wrote:

> I've not done anything but normal updates, as far as I know (although I
> did remove xsane so that the Gimp would load up.)
>
> However, now when I plug in my camera, it's not recognized. Not only
> that, but usbview can't get it's info from /proc. gtkam hangs, lsusb
> hangs, gtkam hangs.  And by hangs, I mean you can't even kill -9 the
> processes.
>
> It appears as if I've somehow hosed a bit of the usb mechanism - any
> pointers as what to search for or where to look to resolve this will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Ken Weinert
> http://quarter-flash.com
>
> Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments

Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.
Charlie Stross.