[CoLoCo] Walmart Selling Ubuntu PC's

Dave Vanderploeg dave.vanderploeg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:59:00 GMT 2007

If my memory serves me correctly, this is not the first Linux PC that
Wal-Mart has sold. Most people bought them and installed Windows. I think
they sold Lindows / Linspire systems. On Walmarts website it says that the
computer runs the "gOS" operating system, so even if someone has heard of
Ubuntu, their not going to know that this is part of it.

It kind of seems like a waste to me. If you want to sell them label it as
Ubuntu, which a lot more people have heard of and has a huge support system.

Also, its apparently is in a huge tower, because market research shows
walmart customer equate size with quality. It would have been nice to be
able to buy a $200 mini PC to use as a media system.