[CoLoCo] External Ubuntu HDD?

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 03:32:08 BST 2007

Is it possible to make an external Ubuntu HDD compatible, so it can
boot on either MAC or PC's?

Well, for one, you'll need to make it run off a FAT32 system. As far
as drivers etc, it would be more feasible to do two installs and then
when booting into grub, choose the MAC or PC one.

Would it be feasible to try create such an install, or should I just
stick to one for PC's only?

If you're running this on school computers, chances are they will all
have extremely similar hardware. In said case, you would only need one
PC install and one MAC install.

Comrade Ringo Kamens