[CoLoCo] Multiple Network Interfaces, one card?

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 00:06:24 BST 2007

Won't get you two MAC's but will get you two IP addresses

ifconfig eth0:1  aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
ifconfig eth0:2  aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

as often as you want ... with different IP's  for each virtual interface

you also me need to add a DEFAULT GATEWAY for each new subne that you
define this way using the route command - assuming there is a gateway
on the the subnet

As mentioned before, I don't know if virtual IP's are supported on
WLAN interfaces - never tried that...  the tricky bit would be getting
the WLAN to associate with an access point on the appropriate IP
subnet if that was needed .

aloha (and hope this helps),
dave

aloha,