[CoLoCo] Name for t-shirt

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Aug 27 18:38:40 BST 2007

I'm glad to see all this progress - thanks folks!

But now that the phrase is coming down to just a name for the team,
the name given doesn't ring true for me.

 colorado local ubuntu team

The official name has always also been a little odd for me.  I guess
we are Ubuntu's "Local Community Team" in Colorado.  Quite a mouthful.
But saying "local" in the same phrase as "Colorado" is confusing or
distracting, I think.

The names we've focussed on in the past are more oriented towards
clarifying who we are within the Ubuntu community, so the team name
didn't even include the word Ubuntu!

 Colorado Local Community Team
 Colorado LOCO Team

But this shirt is designed to sell Ubuntu within the wider world,
and I think we want to sell Linux also, and improve the name
recognition of both.

Arizona's logo is just
    Ubuntu
  Arizona Team

I'd suggest
 Colorado Ubuntu Linux Team

as being something that would include the word "Linux" in a helpful
way, and avoid the distraction of "local".

And I just realized we would then officially be a CULT :-)

Other options:
 Colorado Ubuntu Community Team
 Colorado Ubuntu Linux Community Team
 Colorado Ubuntu LOCO Team

but I think we should save "LOCO" for the fun tshirt rather than the
polo....

Can someone throw up some designs with "Colorado Ubuntu Linux Team" in
case the subsequent discusssion, and/or Jim, our "t-shirt decider",
likes it?

Cheers,

-Neal