[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Fun Ride Maybeþ

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri May 7 04:54:48 BST 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:38:05PM -0500, Harsh Singh wrote:
> Sounds good, I've got a road bike and was wondering if that would work on a
> trail. Also, when would this bike ride happen?

I have ridden my road bike on every trail around here I think, both paved
and the crushed limestone, and I use 700x23c racing tires. No problems with
that yet. I have even ridden my carbon road bike on the prairie path with
no problem.

Fix River Trail is 100% paved and absolutely beautiful. Coming out of St.
Charles heading north on the trail into Elgin is an awesome wooden bridge
that crosses the river.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nixternal/sets/72157606404909644/

Those are pics from my ride on the Fox River trail in 2008. Exactly the
same today.

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738