[Ubuntu Chicago] Fwd: Call for LoCo Council Elections

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 26 12:47:39 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:50 AM
Subject: Call for LoCo Council Elections
To: loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: ubuntu-news at lists.ubuntu.com

Aloha folks!

Thanks to the great work Jan Claeys Alan Pope and Efrain Valles have done
in the Ubuntu LoCo Council, in April their term comes to an end. We'd like
to thank them for their hard work in the Ubuntu community and continued
contributions.

I’m writing this mail to ask for volunteers to step forward and nominate
themselves or another willing person for this position.

The LoCo Council is defined on the wiki. We meet up once a month over IRC
to go through items on the team agenda. This typically involves approving
new LoCo teams Re Approval of teams, resolving issues within teams,
approving
LoCo team mailing list requests, and anything else that comes along.

* wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil

* team agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda

The process by which a new member of the Council is selected is defined by
the Community Council is outlined on the wiki.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil/Delegation The first stage is for
people to nominate themselves, or be nominated by someone else. We will
confirm with each person whether they actually want to be put forward or
not. We will give 2 weeks for this process.

Please create a page for your nomination as per the following template:

== General ==
* Name:
* Contact details:
=== Key Achievements ===

== Vision ==
(vision for the Loco Council role)

== Testimonials ==
* ... (please don't forget to sign with your `@``SIG``@`)

== Comments ==
* ... (please don't forget to sign with your `@``SIG``@`)

Please pass this mail back to your own LoCo team so everyone is aware of
the process. We welcome nominations from anywhere in the world, and from any
LoCo team. Nominees do not need to be a LoCo Team Contact to be nominated
for this post. We are however looking for people who are active in their
LoCo Team.

Please send nominations to loco-council at lists.ubuntu.com which is a
private mailing list only for the LoCo Council members. The above mailing
list is moderated, however all nomination mails will be approved before the
end of the nomination period

If you’d like to ask any of the LoCo Council members questions privately
then you contact us individually or use the above mailing list address.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lococouncil/+members

The nomination process starts TODAY 26-03-2010, and ends at 00:01 UTC on
09-04-2010. Once this period is over the LoCo Council will collate the
nominations and double check that each person nominated is still happy to
stand.

Regards

Laura Czajkowski, on behalf of the Ubuntu LoCo Council

--
http://www.lczajkowski.com
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski