[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Chicago Bike Ride - July 18

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 13 04:45:35 BST 2010

Hey everyone,

After talking about it for some time, quite a few of us came to a decision
to hold a bike ride this Sunday. We will all meet up at the Geneva Metra
station, this way here people coming from the city will be able to get
there with ease.

So for those of you in the city, you can take the 10:40am train out of the
Ogilvie Transportation Center. This gets you into Geneva by 11:47am. We
planned to cruise for a few hours, hitting up places to stop and check out
the scenery, enjoy some ice cream or food or cold beverages.

There is a 4:37pm train out of Geneva back to the city as well as a 6:37pm
train. I think getting everyone back by the 4:37pm is a good deal unless
you want to ride longer and want to take the 6:37 train back.

We will ride along the Fox River Trail which obviously runs along side the
Fox River. I haven't made up my mind just yet on whether to head north or
south on the trail, but no matter which way we head, it will be a good time
with plenty of stops. We will go as fast as the slowest rider. This will be
a chill ride as we are just looking to get together and have a good time.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. If you are going to show up, please
reply to the list with an RSVP, or provide us with any comments you may
have. Yes, the notice is going out a little late and I apologize for that.
I hope this isn't the only ride, as I would like to do a city ride with the
group this year as well. Maybe one of you city folk could organize a fun
day of chillaxing on the bikes.

Thanks all!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738