[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Chicago Re-Approved

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 18 04:24:40 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:24:14PM -0500, Nathan Handler wrote:
> For anyone who has not heard the good news, Ubuntu Chicago was due for
> re-approval. After preparing an application [1], we went before the
> LoCo Council today. With very few questions asked, we were quickly
> approved. Thanks everyone for making this LoCo such a great team, and
> I hope to see you all at the upcoming Global Jam [2].

I think a huge congratulations is in order for every single one of you who
have not only participated in our events, visited us at an event, or talked
to us on IRC or the Mailing List, but to everyone who has signed up to the
list or the Launchpad page.

I know we have been a little slow over the recent months and I am fairly
certain that is due to our awesome summer and busy lives, but this group
has done a lot since a few of us first met up in 2005. We did this not even
thinking about a LoCo group at all, then one day on the Forums, some new
whackjob firefighter decided to create a LoCo team, and that's what we
officially did during the summer of 2006. Almost 4 years ago to the day we
became the 2nd official LoCo team in the United States, and that was only
due to the fact I had to go to the bathroom and let Joey Stanford of the
Colorado team go first.

I want to thank everyone who has helped over the years and luckily we
currently have an amazing crop of new and young talented people who have
recently become Official Ubuntu Members and are actively contributing to
the project. Mike Greenwood came up with the idea, I was dumb enough to run
with it, and you all made it possible! I have a few right hand men who have
helped me over the years: Jim Campbell, the Martinez twins, Micah, Steve
Woodruff, Kevin Harriss, Nathan Handler, and many more.

Thanks again everyone and congratulations on being recognized by the
greater Ubuntu community for a job well done!

I have a feeling I left people out, sorry if I did, I owe you a drink of
your choice when we meet again!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738